How To Buy Pennycandy In The 21st Century
A Practical Introduction To The Blockchain Using Ethereum
The systems and markets that I'm showing you
today are bleeding edge and incredibly
unstable. Everything could collapse
bizarre ways that are impossible to predict.
I am not a financial advisor and
none of my advice should be used for investment
purposes. You should assume that speculating in
cryptocurrencies is like gambling in a casino.
I own a small amount of the following cryptocurrencies:
- Bitcoin Cash
I am an employee of PNC Bank but my views
are my own and in no way are related to my
Who Is Tom?
- Systems Engineer and all-around computer nerd
- Risk-averse cryptocurrency hobbyist(?)
What I Believe About The Blockchain Ecosystem
- It is the future of assigning,
storing and transferring value
- It's a huge and will have
a profound impact on the digital world.
How Should I Get Started?
- To start your learning process you need to start making transactions.
- We'll be working in the Ethereum ecosystem
because of it's popularity and low transaction
But This Sh*t Is Bananas!
But "real" money is also very complicated
Which childhood financial lessons should we use
when starting with the blockchain?
Find a sherpa who will help you along the way.
Find a trustworthy source of "money"
Find a trustworthy wallet app
Start with small sums of money in your wallet.
Make small, simple transactions.
Ways to lose cryptocurrency:
- Somehow losing your wallet
- Transaction fees
The key here is to create a "risk sandbox"
where mistakes can be made without dire
Profit! Rinse and repeat!
- Find a sherpa who will help you along the way.
- Find a trustworthy source of "money".
- Find a trustworthy wallet app
- Start with small sums of money in your wallet.
- Make small, simple transactions.
- Expect to lose a little money.
- Rinse and repeat!